Monday, September 3, 2012

Lots of changes!!

Well, Caden and I have had some pretty big changes in our lives the past couple weeks... A lot of people have been asking for details, so I figured it would be easier to do a blog post so everyone can hear what we are up to.

Well for starters, we both finished school at Weber State and graduated with our Bachelors in Health Promotion. Caden and I have have always had the dream of starting our own wellness center and so we have been doing a lot of research on that trying to decide exactly what we wanted to do and how we wanted to start it. After a lot of research, I really started getting interested in Esthetics (we want to tie in a "spa" aspect to our wellness center). It is something I have always been interested in, but I have always known that I wanted to get a degree in something first. Luckily for me, this kind of ties in with my degree. So I began  researching lots of schools and decided I would start in November. The day before we left for Las Vegas (August 24th) I set up a meeting to go meet with an adviser at Cameo College to get a tour to make sure this is the school I wanted to attend. After meeting with her, she told me that if I started in September, I would get a pretty big scholarship, and that it was ONLY available in September. For me, this is huge because I have to pay out-of-pocket for everything.

So.. after a lot of talking it over with Caden, we decided it would be smarter to start in September. So I will be going to school to become a Master Esthetician. Oh yeah, and I had to go full-time, which meant I would not be able to work anymore. Caden had been looking for jobs down in Salt Lake because we were wanting to move down here anyway since our house had been for sell for the past few months. Caden was able to talk to his old managers at PC Laptops, and they were more than willing to let Caden come back and work for them. (Keep this in mind, this has all happened in 1 day)

PC Laptops wanted Caden to start in a week and my schooling also started in a week, so this meant we needed to move out of our house, put it up for rent, move in with my parents and quit our jobs all within the next week. So as soon as we got home from Vegas, we made it all happen. We put in our notice at work and began packing up our house.

So here I sit, 9 days after all of this has happened, completely moved into my parents house and ready to start school tomorrow and Caden ready to start his new job tomorrow. Our plan now is to get our house rented, save some money, then get a place of our own down here in South Jordan. For the meantime, we remodeled the basement at my parents a little and made it nice and homey for us.

Here are some pictures of our new little home:








We are so excited to be back in our home town and close to family and friends and we are so excited for this new journey we are taking. It is going to be so different than what we are used to, but to make our dreams come true, we have to make some sacrifices! I am so grateful to have Caden in my life and such a supportive husband. He never thought twice about making changes to support me and I cannot thank him enough!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment